What the children say about Ashtree School:
Key Stage 1
“We have lots of lovely teachers.”
“We have new friends we made.”
Key Stage 2
“What is great about Ashtree is that they keep all of us very safe.”
“There’s always, no matter where you are, someone there to help.”
What parents say about our school:
We had 223 responses to our ‘2019 Questionnaire for parents and carers’.
- 97% of parents who responded agree that their child is happy at school.
- 97% of parents who responded agree that their child feels safe at this school.
- 96% of parents who responded agree that their child makes good progress at this school.
- 97% of parents who responded agree that their child is well looked after at this school.
- 96% of parents who responded agree that their child is taught well at this school.
- 96% of parents who responded would recommend Ashtree School to another parent.
For more detailed information please see the questionnaire below:
- Parents and Carers Questionnaire 2019 (152.69KB)
What parents say about our homework:
After developing a new approach to our homework policy in January 2019, we asked parents what they thought.
- 100% of parents are discussing homework with their children.
- 100% of parents have completed homework activities with their child(ren).
‘Having 3 children at home this approach makes homework more fun and interactive and easier for us parents.’
‘The picture homework gives my child autonomy and they use their imagination more. Homework feels less stressful.’
What Ofsted say about our school:
“Pupils’ attainment in reading, writing and mathematics at key stage 1 remains above the national average.”
“Staff deal consistently with pupils’ behaviour and have high expectations.”
“The Nursery provision provides a positive start for children, preparing them well for their first school experience.”
“The teaching of phonics is effective. Pupils in the early years and in key stage 1 make good progress in their reading.”
“Leaders have ensured that the school curriculum promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well.”
What the teachers say about Ashtree School:
“Everybody respects each other.”
“We are a supportive staff and are good role models.”