In Year Admissions
All in year applications must go through Hertfordshire County Council’s Admission Team but you are welcome to make an appointment to view the school prior to your application.
Any online or paper application received after the statutory deadline dates will be treated as a late application. Late applications are not dealt with until all on time applications have been considered.
Nursery Admissions – Applications now open
Applying for a school Nursery place for 2019-2020
(For children born between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016).
Admissions for Nursery are now dealt with by the school. From September 2019 our Nursery will be offering 30 hours provision.
Most children join the nursery class at the start of the school year in which they have their fourth birthday. All children will be offered 15 hours free provision and some parents will qualify for a further free 15 hours childcare. There are a number of places for this at Ashtree Primary School and Nursery.
Nursery places are allocated as we receive applications and in the event of over-subscription (more children wanting places than we are able to accommodate) the following criteria will be applied:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational which names the school will be allocated a place in accordance with section 324 of the Education Act 1996.
- Children with an EHC (Education, Health and Care) Plan that names the school.
- Children looked after and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or a special guardianship order).
- Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to attend the nursery class at Ashtree Primary School and Nursery.
- Children who have a sibling at the school at the time of application.
- Children who live closest to the school.
Soon after you complete the application form we will confirm our offer of a place in our nursery or let you know that you have been added to our continued interest list.
For all enquiries relating to children being admitted into our Nursery, please contact the school office (01438 351090)
Our Admissions Application Form for children starting Nursery in September 2019 can be downloaded below:
Our Nursery Admissions Policy can be downloaded below:
Applying for a Reception place for 2019-2020
(For children born between 1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015)
Apply online from 5th November 2018
Application deadline is 15th January 2019
Apply online for Reception places at Hertfordshire Admissions
Customer Service Centre
For help and support please contact the Customer Service Centre on: 0300 123 4043
Text phone (for deaf and hard of hearing people only) 0300 123 4041
Calls to all numbers starting 0300 will be charged at no more than the national rate for 01 or 02 numbers and will count towards inclusive minutes in a mobile contract.
The lines are open from 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturday. The team of advisers will be able to answer most enquiries.
Some enquiries will be referred to Admissions and Transport officers who have knowledge of specific geographical areas in Hertfordshire. The address of the Admission and Transport Team is:
CHR102, County Hall, Pegs Lane, Hertford SG13 8DF